About Me

My photo
I am married to a strong, passionate man! We have a house full of kids! We love Jesus and life in the country!

Search

The Disciplined Wife. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Aunt Flo...w is coming!

Ok, so I am within a few days of my "monthly friend" and the freak out is already happening! It is sure to be coupled with hysterical, childish moments and multiple temper tantrums. And now with this new TTWD, it's sure to be coupled with nightly paddlings!

I have always struggled with my cycle! It starts out crying over coffee commercials, moves to throwing myself down like a two year old and ends with throwing things, seriously! I mean, maybe I should be medicated for these symptoms now that there are consequences (hate that word).

Isn't there some "get out of punishment" for a friggin' week card?! I have been doing so good. I have dodged a few bullets...PTL! And, we have been communicating during disagreements! And now Mother Nature is going to butt in and ruin it all. Ugh....

Rant over....for now!

6 comments:

  1. woooo!! I was actually able to read all of your posts. I've been going through everyone's a bit at a time and I don’t have that much time to read most of them because they have been blogging for years. But it was fun to run across yours and see the start of your journey.

    We are "returning" to blogland and DD after a few years of inattention to our household discipline.

    I want to both sympathize with you about this *time* and offer a bit of advice.
    Drugs - and lots of them. Hahaha... mostly just Midol and extra doses of other (Tylenol/ibuprofen/etc)

    And also perhaps some planned time apart/away. While never having experienced PMS as a young adult, in my 40's I'm now learning what those crazy mood swings are about and I don’t like them. But I have learned that sometimes I need to close myself in my room - perhaps with a good movie that is going to make me cry anyways and just get all that emotion out as much as possible.

    Hugs dear - my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I struggle with that too! Try to get him to give you space during that time... Hugs!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland. I'm not sure what link from what link got me here...lol. Hey, talk to him. It's not that we should never be held accountable during times of raging hormones, but our men can learn how to understand and mine finds some gentle ways to redirect me and help out during that hard week of the month. There are lots of times when spanking doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i have the same problems with hormones. I dont actually want to be punished for it but i find that when i get out of balance like that I crave a "just because" spanking, it sets me straight, rebalances me, makes me feel reconnected to him. I find it gives me a reason to cry and be emotional...so then i dont feel so guilty for being ilke tht in the first place.
    Talk to your hubby about it...i am sure you will find a compromise :) good luck and let us know how you go

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's actually interesting! I did get a very bad spanking the first day of my period and it actually balanced me. Maybe the medication I need is a spanking! :-P

    ReplyDelete