About Me

My photo
I am married to a strong, passionate man! We have a house full of kids! We love Jesus and life in the country!

Search

The Disciplined Wife. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

He does WHAT?!?!

This is how I was introduced to DD....

We had made the plans a week before. We would head to the city and meet some family, the girls would do a little shopping and the men, well, they'd do whatever men do! So, here we are walking among the shops, telling stories and me, being quite sarcastic during one, was stopped by my relative. Let's call her J for now and soon you'll know why I can't release her name or what relative she is.

J: "You know, you remind me alot of myself!?

What's that mean? "Oh yah...why?"

J: "Well, we are strong willed, opinionated, sarcastic and mouthy women..."

Who me? "Ummm yes that's true."

J: "Well, a couple years back, we were having alot of issues in our marriage. I don't need to go into detail but it was pretty rough."

"ok..."

J: "Well, that's when a friend of ours told us about Domestic Discipline."

Discpline? hmmm...

J: "There's no easy way to say this, well, basically.....I get spanked."

cough...choke...laugh...cough..."You what?!" The shock is really hard to describe through a blog but I think we've all been there....

J: "Well, as part of our rules, I'm not supposed to tell anyone, unless I have permission. I will get spanked if He finds out!"

(sarcastic tone) "Or what?! You get spanked! You're joking...right?!"

J: "I shouldn't say anymore. Don't tell anyone else that we had this conversation and go home and google Domestic Discipline."

Well, this is where the conversation ended. However, my curiosity did not end there. I started googling immediately. I found ALOT of information and ALOT of mis-information. Was I going to tell the hubby, a self-proclaimed "butt guy?" Ummm....not a chance!

2 comments:

  1. Well, hi! Welcome to Blogland! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your story and your journey as it happens!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I just found your blog and am slowly making my way through your posts...welcome....looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete