About Me

My photo
I am married to a strong, passionate man! We have a house full of kids! We love Jesus and life in the country!

Search

The Disciplined Wife. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ugh....Rules!

As the day came to an end and we tucked the kids away for bed, I decided I would talk to the HoH about rules...reluctantly. We talked about the 4 D's which he liked but there were more rules we needed to set up. Here we were, communicating again, without yelling, blaming or any of the other sh-crap we did during our crazy pre-DD life. I thought I would share them with you all and like my friend Kay says, maybe it will help me remember them....LOL

First, let's start with the 4 D's, they encompass quite a bit...

Disobedience, Defiance, Dishonesty and Disrespect

As far as I'm concerned, everything falls under these but we decided to be specific on certain ones we struggled with.

The rest are...

1. Be honest, no matter what the truth is.
2. Be respectful
3. When out without spouse, check-in regularly
4. No cussing in front of the kids.
5. No fighting in front of the kids.
6. No yelling during arguments.
7. No name-calling!
8. No going hysterical or historical!
9. No absolutes...ex. You always do... or You never do...
10. No saying, "I'm leaving... or the word "divorce"
11. Never go to bed angry
12. Don't be wasteful with money or utilities at home
13. Hold my tongue in public...I know what this means! :-)
14. No talking about our sex life in public.
15. No temper tantrums
16. No secret accounts, financial or social.
17. Hold still during spankings and cooperate with punishments.
18. Trust that eachother has the best intentions.
19. Work together as a team, not against eachother.
20. Love unconditionally!!!!

Well, these are our rules! We'll see how following them goes... :-)

3 comments:

  1. We are very new to this as well. This is not something that can be shared very easily. I have three simple rules. Be respectful, obey and don't be defiant. I will say that at first he was very concerned about my getting hurt & crying and being consistent was with me was confusing. I would also manipulate and talk my way out.
    Now, as soon as I break a rule, no discussions until after the punishment if I want. After we fixed the inconsistency and my manipulating. The first two weeks we started, I was being punished every night I think. I could not sit for the first two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! And I do hope it helps you remember...lol!

    ReplyDelete