About Me

My photo
I am married to a strong, passionate man! We have a house full of kids! We love Jesus and life in the country!

Search

The Disciplined Wife. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Defiance...

Defiance...as you all will figure out by reading through my blog, I'm super great at this. I think it's everyone's earthly nature, including Men, to try to make your own decisions, be independent and basically, do what you want. Well, this nature, in my opinion, pushes our HoH into a role that is passive. It's not how God intended the roles to be. Well, if I'm honest, my defiance and disrespect are my biggest issues and tend to cycle within one another. Day 3...I stayed out of trouble but Day 4 came and was looking good until later in the afternoon. I'll spare you the details but what you need to know is that wonderful defiance and disrespect kicked in. I was asked to do something that I thought was absurd and then just said, "NO!" Not only did I say no, I didn't ever do what I was asked to do. He calmly said, "OK, we'll deal with it later..." I knew what that meant. I spent the next 3 hours begging for forgiveness and trying to get out of a spanking. This made him more angry and I was warned if I didn't stop, it would be worse. I stopped.

I get all of my punishments at bedtime because we have a houseful of kids. I knew it was coming and tried to go to bed early. He didn't let me. I received my lecture and my swats. Because we are still learning TTWD, he went too light, it did still hurt. He realized he did and said he would make up for it next time and to be patient with him as he is learning. He is a great HoH for just starting out!

Lesson Learned: Do NOT tell your HoH "No!" and do as he asks. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Has he tried any of the silent spankings yet? Just curious. I personally can't stand having to wait for a punishment but I understand your situation. I'll just dig myself into a deeper hole if I have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lesson learned! You're lucky to learn it early on, I'm still working on that one, LOL...

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete